Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Leaving.

  It is difficult to live in two worlds.  But wonderful too.  I have been thinking about how to articulate the experience of leaving and arriving.  I recently read this blog post that I think does a pretty good job at saying it.

http://www.djiboutijones.com/2014/08/on-leaving/

Rachel Pieh Jones ends her post with the following:

A tug-of-war reigns and it is both exhausting and life-affirming. It intensifies color and taste and laughter and sadness.
This is what leaving feels like.
This is what arriving feels like.

Wow.  I can resonate with that.  Here are few moments I captured on camera from the last few months where colour, taste, and beauty stirred somewhere deep inside of me.  I am so grateful for the amazingly creative God I serve!






3 comments:

HEPATITIS AFRICA said...

The evidences of God are plain enough to see. Yummy looking strawberries, calm cold roads etc just wish the world could be so much at peace with itself.

Hope you have finally decided on writing that book. ''With sandals Sticks and Christ through West Africa'' that's my Title suggestion. God bless you

beeh said...

God bless your endeavours. Safe trips

Don Hekman said...

Love all your blog posts, though leaving a comment only on this one. Thanks so much for being with us, and for engaging with so many groups. Enjoy the beauty of each of your "homes." Blessings!