Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Transformation, One Opportunity at a Time

I have been VERY behind on posting blog updates, but its not because I don't have anything to say! Things have been so busy, and I find it a challenge to balance the DOING and the writing about what I am doing!
Allow me during this month to give you a peek into the process of transformation happening here..and join me in thanking God for the lives and hearts of each and every one!



One of the major themes we talk about in Christian Education is the story of God and His people as laid out in the Bible and then continuing with exploring our own part in that story. We talk about the themes displayed in the picture above: Creation, Fall, Redemption, Renewal.

One day I walked into Heritage Academy to meet this bulletin board. I was so impressed. The principal, Mr. Spencer Okoroafor had the art teacher put it together. He had spent the week bringing the students down to explain the significance and meaning of these themes.

A few weeks later, I was in a Primary 5 (grade 5) class, sitting in on a lesson on "pests in the home". And would you believe it, the themes came up! The conversation came up as students were asking about why we have household pests, and why do we as Christian still experience the suffering of mosquito bites and malaria, cockroaches and rats. A result of the fall, of course!

Thank God for teachers willing to take the time to point to the big picture with their students. Pray that teachers and students will see the connections and apply them to their everyday learning.

No comments: