Wednesday, December 23, 2009

teachers become students to reach students

I LOVE teaching. There are so many things I like about it, but the most rewarding is seeing students learn and grow - and the learning and growing I do as a result of that too.
When I took this new position, one of my big concerns was leaving the classroom. I thoroughly enjoyed the daily interactions and relationship building. I still miss it.
But God, in His wisdom, has given me opportunity to have a much bigger classroom, with teachers as my students, and me getting to be a student of many teachers. I thoroughly enjoy entering their classrooms, seeing their daily interactions and relationship building.



Mrs. Madueke and her class at Alama Private School


I am also blessed by having teachers in a classroom together. Allow me to give you a picture of some of these experiences...




teacher training follow-up seminar in jos, nigeria












Teachers come together to listen to each other's joys and challenges, and find encouragement in knowing they are not in this alone...




Teachers reflect on their current teaching practices, and how they can do things better...



Teachers also put practice new teaching strategies as they encounter new ideas. Many classes experience the "lecture, copy, memorize" teaching method on a daily basis. During seminars, teachers are stretched as they demonstrate/teach others what they have learned through...



POEMS




POSTERS




DRAMA, GROUP DISCUSSIONS, and much more!


Goal setting is also integral as we meet together. What we learn doesn't mean anything unless there is change in our lives, and in our classrooms!

































I STILL love teaching. And I do miss the classroom. But I still get to experience those things that I love and watch God do some amazing things in the lives of teachers and then on to their students. Praise Him for that!



Mrs. Madueke and I in her classroom

No comments: