Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Walking with Hosea.

Note:  This was a post I had drafted a few years ago as part of a "Walking With" blog series.  But interestingly Hosea was one of our facilitators at last month's "Teachers Transforming Nigeria" training. He does training in the area of literacy and phonics and worked on a joint project here in Nigeria called "The Phonics Reading Adventure".  It is a joy to still be walking with you, Hosea!



What is your name?  I am Gupar Danjuma Hosea.

What is your position/work? What do you do? I am a literacy facilitator, crusading against illiteracy.

What is your relationship to Sheila? I work with her in training teachers to have Biblical World View in the teaching profession.

Why are you passionate about Christian Education?  God is seeking for teachers that will transmit the true Biblical values, I am especially  passionate because Christian Education is the heart of all other educations.

What is the biggest challenge you see in the education system in Nigeria? Why?
Poor literacy is the biggest challenge in the education system because if a person cannot read and write, any other subject becomes difficult.

What is your dream for education in Nigeria?  My greatest dream for Nigerian education is that if possible all primary teachers be given a thorough phonics training which will help them teach nursery and primary pupils to learn how to read.

What will it take to bring about transformation?  Sponsorship and funding for seminars and training for public and private primary school teachers to be trained.

What do you see as YOUR role in bringing about that transformation?  I have taken upon myself to contribute my quota in training as many teachers as possible. I also hope to motivate other teachers of like minds to join me in this great crusade against illiteracy!

What have you learned while interacting and “walking with” Sheila? I have learned focus, goal oriented, and above all faith to do things that always seem impossible.


How can I pray specifically for you in your work/ministry?
·         Pray for grace of God
·         Pray for passionate and God fearing teachers
·         Pray for good health
·         Pray for sponsors of materials/funds for training of teachers



1 comment:

Dan & Kathy said...

Awesome Sheila, God is using you and others to make a huge difference. Seeing the title, "Walking with Hosea" I am reminded of another Hosea, I love Hosea 11:9, where in the context God is showing his nature one of total love for his people. God loves you, God loves all the folks with whom you are working!