Monday, December 26, 2011

Being in Canada.

Well, it has been almost 4 months that I have been back in Canada.  My friends and colleagues in Nigeria ask me how my "holiday" is going.  And though I have enjoyed some time connecting with friends and family, it has been far from a holiday!  I have enjoyed visiting supporting churches, meeting with groups and individuals.  I have been excited to share about what God is doing in West Africa.  Although I haven't taken my camera with me everywhere, I thought I would share a few shots of some of the learning that has taken place in various churches and communities.  If any of you have pictures to send me, I would be grateful!



Missions Emphasis Week


Lending a hand to the "Helping Hands" Group

Searching for countries where missionaries are serving


Let's play Mankala

Writing letters of encouragement to teachers in Nigeria

GEMS talk

Celebrating Nigerian Fashion


Note taking in Nigerian schools

Nigeria relay game

2 comments:

mom Dykstra said...

you are a very busy lady Sheila,love the passion!

holeysocks said...

Hi Sheila,

Neat to come across your blog... I am moving to Abuja the end of the month to work with the Canadian High Commission, and was just trolling around to find CRC conntacts. Looks like you have had a very rich experience!

Hope to run into you in Abuja before too long?

Lisa
lisademoor[at]gmail[dot]com